Saturday, April 26, 2008

BBQ Qlub...cute.


So at 4AM this morning I was checking my email (because I'm the definition of compulsive when it comes to email-checking) and I had a new one from the new Makio photo editor. He was begging for SOMEONE to cover the Ohio State Barbeque Qlub meeting at 2 this afternoon. I considered it and...what were the odds that someone else who would be willing to do that shoot would be up at 4AM? Yeah, not good. And I was kind of glad to have the opportunity to do something actually PHOTOGRAPHIC...no more "Please please do copy" emails or "Deanna can you come in to help with design...again? Please? =/" emails. No....this was actual PHOTOGRAPHY...which would be good, considering I'm supposed to be on PHOTO staff. Not that I mind design. Copy on the other hand...

Anyway. The group shot was terrible, but that's okay, whatever. None of the pictures I took were particularly fantastic, but some of them were kind of funny. Consider this one....



The name of today's event was "Sausage Fest" (ha) and they cooked LOADS of sausages and baked beans. The weird thing about the above picture is...the president's (Mr I <3 BBQ) expression. He looks slightly disgusted by that sausage.

If you get a chance to enlarge the next one, check out that chick's glasses. Awesome.






I had to delete about 7 pictures because of one guy...I didn't realize that one of the grill masters was wearing an apron that was the body of a naked woman. Amusing, until I saw that half of those were good, usable shots. -.-

One guy really irritated me....he asked me why I was taking pictures, and I said "Yearbook," and he goes "Oh, high school?"

Okay...lets think through this, shall we? Why would a HIGH SCHOOL YEARBOOK want pictures of a COLLEGE BBQ CLUB?? Uh...yeah. So I said, "No. Our yearbook. Makio." And he goes "Oh. We have a yearbook?"

-.-

Where has this kid been all through college, really? Makio only has advertisements EVERYWHERE. Gosh. How do you know about BBQ Qlub and not yearbook? Luckily, none of the pictures he was in turned out very well. I'll leave it to you to decide if that's just a coincidence haha.


Anyway. Wordy post with less than outstanding pictures...sorry. Hope you'll keep checking anyway-it'll get better, I promise ha.

1 comment:

Daniel Clark said...

You're on a photo staff!? Why was I not informed! We can bitch about college journalism together!